Sunday, October 23, 2016

First Tournament with the Orks. October 22, Game Castle, NH

Format: NOVA Missions, ITC FAQ
Number of Players: 14
Rounds 3
Placing: 4th

I consider this a pretty big success for my first run with the Orks. Of the top-tier lists I have my hardest matchup against Eldar and my best matchup against Space Marines, with a 50-50 or so against Daemons depends on their army comp. Thus I played against 2 daemons players and none of the 3 marines players there.

List:
Orks Combined Arms Detachment
Zhadsnark (Warlord)
Painboy, Bike
Mek
Mek
4 Warbikers, Nob, Power Klaw
4 Warbikers, Nob, Power Klaw
Deffkopta, Rokkits
Deffkopta, Rokkits
Deffkopta, Rokkits
5 Lootas
5 Lootas
Buzzgob's Big Mek Stompa, Klaw, Kannon, 1 Supa Rokkit

Orks Combined Arms Detachment
Warboss, Bike, Klaw, Lucky Stikk
Warboss, Bike, Headwoppa's Killchoppa
Mek
Mek
10 Grotz
10 Grotz
10 Grotz
Deffkopta, Rokkits
Deffkopta, Rokkits
Deffkopta, Rokkits
5 Tankbustas
Void Shield Generator, 2 Extra Shields

Game 1: Khorne Daemonkin

KDK are one of my tougher matchups from daemons because they're fearless, and this guy had Skarbrand and 2 D-thirsters. Luckily he split up the bloodthirsters and I was able to shoot one with the lootas, tankbustas, and stompa, while zhadsnark and a squad of bikes brought the other one down before it could swing. In a hilariously lucky roll I killed his heldrake with the lifta-droppa.

25-6 Win

Game 2: Imperial Knights

Oh boy. 5 knights. Going into melee with them with the stompa would probably be a mutual kill so I put everything under the void shield and made him come to me. I killed 3 knights on turn 2 at the cost of a few deffkoptas and a bike squad, and zhadsnark and his unit got a mutual kill with the 4th on turn 3, leave a single one to run to my backfield and grab an objective. The score didn't reflect it but I won this game pretty handily. 

17-13 Win

Game 3: Tzeentch Daemons

I'm really sick of every tzeentch player getting that stupid +1 invuln warlord trait. I wanted to go second to make him come to me, but he won the roll-off and had me go first. I definitely clumped my units up a bit too much early and made it easy for him to hit extra units with the beam and novas. This was a close game and it ended with his dthirster getting a mutual kill with my stompa so I couldn't contest the relic. Had I contested the relic the last turn we would have tied and rolled over to victory points, which I would have won.

22-12 Loss

I'm really happy with how the army performed. I dodged both my worst and best matchups at this tournament but I got 3 good games that made me think a lot instead of having easy wins. I expect to run this list or a similar one for the next few tournaments I go to.

No comments:

Post a Comment