Friday, October 7, 2016

Other Ravens, Other Bikes

Other Ravens, Other Bikes

As I said earlier, I'm retiring my Ravenwing for a bit. The changes to invisibility and 2+ rerollable saves in ITC removes a lot of their hardiness and I'm ready for something new. To that end I've hauled my Orks up to Boston. In case they don't pan out, I've got a Dark Angels battle company in the works, as well as a Raven Guard alpha strike list I'm using at a NOVA format trios tournament tomorrow. After a little playtesting against Eldar and Tau, here's how the Ork list looks:

Orks Combined Arms Detachment
Zhadsnark (Warlord)
Big Mek, Bike, Kustom Force Field
Mek
Mek
4 Warbikers, Nob, Power Klaw
4 Warbikers, Nob, Power Klaw
Deffkopta, Rokkits
Deffkopta, Rokkits
Deffkopta, Rokkits
5 Lootas
5 Lootas
Buzzgob's Big Mek Stompa, Klaw, Kannon, 1 Supa Rokkit

Orks Combined Arms Detachment
Warboss, Bike, Klaw, Lucky Stikk
Warboss, Bike, Headwoppa's Killchoppa
Mek
Mek
10 Grotz
10 Grotz
Deffkopta, Rokkits
Deffkopta, Rokkits
Deffkopta, Rokkits
5 Tankbustas
Void Shield Generator, 2 Extra Shields


My Stompa and scratch-built void shield generator, as well as my kitbashed tankbustas.


The grotz on his shoulders are magnetized so they can be removed when Buzzgob uses his oilers.

Usually when people want to use a stompa they try to load it up with meks to make as many repair rolls as possible. In practice I've found the stompa usually dies in a single turn or gets so low that unless you have about 20 meks in there it won't make a difference. Instead I have 5 (including buzzgob), and some tankbustas to ride along. Other than that, I pretty much cherry picked the best things the Ork codex has to offer. Lootas are a really solid ranged unit, especially because snap shooting doesn't effect their BS much. Grotz are cheap as hell and people hate to shoot them. Deffkoptas are fantastic, cheap blocking and throwaway units, and warbosses on bikes are the best CC unit that Ork codex has to offer. This list is all about the stompa, and it opens up a lot of opportunities to lock down the center of the board and flank or do a hammer and anvil style deployment, depending on how fast my opponent is. ITC is all about speed and this list has plenty of it. The low number of models in each unit also means that leadership tests don't mean much, as I've already lost a chunk of the unit by the time I'm taking them.

This post has already gone on a bit long, so I'll post the Raven Guard alpha strike list after I've gotten to play it a bit. Let me know if you've got questions about the Ork list!

No comments:

Post a Comment